This is how I plan to work (better): an update

So how has my shiny new work schedule been going? Well, it hasn't. This - thankfully - doesn't mean that I haven't been working. I have been working away, just not at all according to schedule.

The only thing I would like to improve on has been my weekly translated wordcount. It has been well below target, but I have at least got plenty of other things cleared up in the meantime, following (subconsciously or otherwise) my procrastination rule of at least doing something else work-related if you don't feel like translating.

It would also be tempting to blame my baby and her sleepless nights. But she's on a bit of a sleeping streak at the minute, so I don't have too many grounds to complain there.

Part of the problem (if there is one) seems to be a reluctance to knuckle down and concentrate on the task at hand. So when I stumbled upon Henry Miller's Eleven Commandments on Twitter this morning, two jumped out at me.

6. Cement a little every day, rather than add new fertilizers.
10. Forget the books you want to write. Think only of the book you are writing.

Guilty as charged, on both accounts. Somehow sowing seeds for future contracts seem so much less like work!